RFD900X 900MHz Ultra Long Range up to 40KM Radio Data Modem with Antenna for APM PIX Flight Controller
RFD900X is a long range data telemetry modem operating in the 902-928MHz ISM band. Operating at 1W transmission power, it is capable of holding a data link at over 40km. Compatible with APM 2.x and Pixhawk.
The RFD900x is a high performance 900MHz, ISM band radio modem covering the 902 – 928 MHz frequency band. It is designed for long range serial communications applications requiring best in class radio link performance.
New Features for the X series:
- New Processor, ARM 32 bit core.
- Air data rate: 500kbit/s.
- AES Hardware accelerated encryption. *Fully working*
- RC PPM Passthrough with telemetry at the same time.
- GPIO Pin Mirroring – see datasheet for more.
- Original SiK point to point firmware implemented.
- Asynchronous multipoint firmware, *Beta release*
- Long range >40km depending on antennas and GCS setup
- 2 x RP-SMA RF connectors, diversity switched.
- 1 Watt (+30dBm) transmit power.
- Transmit low pass filter.
- > 20dB Low noise amplifier, high IP3.
- RX SAW filter.
- Passive front end band pass filter.
- Fully ESD protected + filtered – Every IO port is protected and filtered.
- Re implemented SiK and Multipoint SiK firmware, field upgradeable, easy to configure.
- Small, light weight.
- License free use in Australia, Canada, USA, NZ.
- Note: Not air-compatible with older “+” series modems with current software.
The RFD900 is designed to be compliant with the following standards:
- FCC Part 15.247 (Frequency hopping and digitally modulated intentional radiators)
- AS/NZS 4268:2012 (Radio equipment and systems – short range devices)
- Frequency Range: 902 – 928 MHz (USA) / 915 – 928 MHz (Australia) / 868 – 870 (European Band)
- Output Power: 1W (+30dBm), controllable in 1dB steps ( +/- 1dB @ <20dBm, +/- 0.5dB >=20dBm typical )
- Air Data transfer rates: 4, 64, 128, 250, 500 kbit/sec ( 64k/128k default )
- UART data transfer rates: 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200 baud , and higher. ( 57600/115200 default )
- Receive Sensitivity: >121 dBm at low data rates, high data rates (TBA)
- Size: 30 mm (wide) x 57 mm (long) x 12.8 mm (thick) – Including RF Shield, Heatsink and connector extremities
- Weight: 14.5g
- Mounting: 3 x M2.5 screws, 3 x header pin solder points
- Power Supply: +5 V nominal, (+3.5 V min, +5.5 V max), ~800 mA peak at maximum power
- Temp. Range: -40 to +85 deg C, tested operational from -73 to +123 deg C.
- RF : 2 x RP-SMA antenna connectors – it is OK to have only one antenna connected
- Serial: Logic level RS232 (+3.3v nominal, +5v tolerant)
- Power: +5v, ~800mA max peak (at maximum transmit power)
- GPIO: 6 General purpose IO (Digital, ADC, PWM capable).
The following cable from FTDI is compatible with the RFD900 modem. Pin 1 of the FTDI cable connects to Pin 1 of the RFD900 header.
To power the modem from the +5V USB power, a jumper is needed between pins 4 and 6.
To power the modem from an external +5V supply, connect power to pins 2 and 4.
Be the first to review “RFD900X 900MHz Ultra Long Range up to 40KM Radio Data Modem with Antenna for APM PIX Flight Controller”
You must be logged in to post a review.